Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Rain, Rain, Go Away!
The rain seemed to end just in time this morning for us to still have a normal day. I really love the covered porch that still allows us to play outside, even when there is a little precip coming down. Today we headed out and although the rain had stopped, it was still a mucky muddy mess on the grass, so we stayed on the concrete only.
Joshua was the official "bike, tike, and toy dryer".
Bekah and Gracie found worms! Who would think that worms could be a teachable moment? Well, we saw more than one. Which one is longer? Shorter? Faster? It's all about the questions you ask folks!
We liked the sandbox today!
The sand was damp, so it was great for molding and shaping.
We did apple sorting again today. Bekah sorted them all into big and small!
Joshua found the apple with the "A" on it! He said"I found the number A, Miss Beth!" :)
At the table today the children had the opportunity to make a red apple with tissue paper squares. This is great fine motor practice.
Paizley visited the listening center and was listening to the book, "Anything for You"
During large group time today, we had a taste test of red, green, and yellow apples. Instead of me making the chart, the children found their name on the sheet of labels and placed their name under their favorite apple of the three. Our class liked Granny Smith (green) apples the best!
(There is a green apple under all those names, promise!)
Before we cut the apples, I told a short story about a boy who was looking for a red house with no windows and no doors and a star inside. Ask your child where he found the house... They LOVED this story!
Next Friday is our Daddy and Me Pumpkin Party! It will be at the Gates picnic area from 5:30-7:00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Guess I better buy some of the yellow apples if those are Bek's favorites! I'm more of a fan of the granny smiths, so I buy those more than others! Guess I'll have to get input! ;)
ReplyDelete