Thursday, October 6, 2011

Angry

Our "emotion of the day" today was anger. We read books about anger and ways to calm down when we get angry- When Sophie Gets Angry...Really, Really, Angry, Llama Llama, Mad at Mama, The Bossy Dolly, and others. We learned it's ok to walk away, cry, or stomp our feet, bang a drum, or climb a tree and be alone. I hope these little ones will climb a tree at home and not here, just saying... We charted what we do when we get angry at home. They repeated alot of ideas from the books, but also added our own ideas. Thankfully, no one said "eat" is what they do when they are angry, but then again no one asked me... ;) I put out the Mr. (& Mrs.) Potato Heads this morning. Wow--these were a hit! There is a princess one, a pirate one, and a plain ol' spud. I think Marcello stayed there for over an hour. It's interesting to me how some kids come and go from a center, and some get so engrossed in it and never leave. They played with the Potato Heads at one point or another this morning, and I'll keep them out for awhile I think.
Today in small group we played shape bingo. This was a good chance for me to "assess", or see where we stand on naming colors and shapes, as well as introduce some new vocabulary and shapes to all levels of my learners. It was alot of fun, and we played until we got our board full, so there were no "winners". Eventually we will play games where someone gets to "win", but not yet. Right now we want to have fun and show Mrs. Beth what we know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment