Monday, October 10, 2011
On Monday When It Rained...
Our day started out wet and rainy, but thankfully it stopped in time for us to still play outside! But before we did, we played inside with some new items, as well as some of our favorites!
I made this felt board game that helps us sort upper and lowercase A's.
Gracie got the hang of it!
Marcello did it all by himself!
During small groups I introduced the kids to...the computer.
We are encouraged to have computers accessible to the children in the classroom at all times, with one stipulation: that they only have 20 minutes of "screen time". This means, playing a game, watching a video, or sitting and watching a friend play, they can only look at the screen for twenty minutes max. Well today we all got our screen time at the same time. We played the apple tree game on the computer in small groups by going to a great website: www.starfall.com. We learned and sang an "A" song, and then sorted the A's with Miss Beth. I have a cord that connects my laptop to the TV, so the children could watch as I moved the mouse to a letter and then tell me which basket to put it in. I know the computer is going to be a very popular center, so I am hoping to take the newness out of it and by the time it is offered as a center of it's own, it will just be ordinary and no big deal. (Yeah, right!)
I put out a fall sensory jar in the science center to explore filled with mini apples, pumpkins,pinecones, and indian corn.
We had more fun with the "Is it magnetic?" discovery board.
Junior paints with fall colors. This masterpiece is called" Alligators".
Brayden and a few others were practicing their writing with small notepads and pens and pencils. Brayden likes to take my order alot. "What you want?" he says. I reply, "Diet Coke please". He writes that down and looks at me and says " and a chocolate milkshake?". How does a child know me so well? ;)
New music toys were rotated in the center today-castanets and sandblocks and a guiero!
Gabriel seems pretty confident with his cool shades and a pretty girl on his arm.
Tomorrow we will continue to learn about apples, the letter "a", and our community!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not sure the newness will ever subside... my 3rd grader still thinks they are soooo cool. ;)
ReplyDelete