Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday!

I was so happy to be back today! I miss the little ones when I am not here, but love hearing the stories and getting reports of what happened while I was away. Adrian said she had a great day, and the kids did great! Last week, we began learning the fingerplay Five Little Pumpkins. We practiced it today, with my new fingerpuppet glove!
We enjoyed our morning outside time.
Paizley helps save our sad tomato plant. It had 5 tomatoes growing on it!
Fun in the playhouse.
They enjoyed cleaning the outside of the playhouse with sponges. We are learning to be great at cleaning! ;)
We traced bodies outside in chalk. We do this alot! We began a new curriculum topic-People Who Help Keep Us Safe. We talked about jobs and who has jobs that help take care of our safety. We read a non-fiction bool about firefighters and what their jobs are like and the equipment they use. We also read a super-fun book called Pete the Cat. It is about a cat who has new white shoes and steps in things like strawberries and blueberries that make his shoes change colors. With each new color he sings a song. We liked it so much, be asked to hear it again! They really liked it. This week we will do more activities with fall and pumpkins. I love this time of year, there are so many fun activities we get to do. Friday is our Daddy and Me Pumpkin party. It will be at Gates picnic area and we will have pumpkins to decorate, games, and lots of fun. This event is intended for all the kids and the signifcant male role model in their life. This could be dads, grandpas, uncles, or any other important man. We will have another event later in the year for the mommies, don't worry! We will be there at 5:30, and it is very casual, so drop in anytime until 7:00! I am very excited for this! It will be lots of fun-promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment