Thursday, September 8, 2011

You see, this is how it happened...

We learned a lesson today. Well, I learned a lesson today. What we might think is a great idea is not always the case.

It started with this:

Frank brought us a playhouse! Long story short, this used to be my son's when he was a little boy, we moved from Tulsa to Little Rock in 2003, left it with our friends for their two boys, they outgrew it and now it is mine again! We were so excited to spot this out the window during breakfast! But, there was a problem...


Frank sprayed it last night but I guess missed this one, I believe they were all dead, but just to be sure, I used this:


So me, Miss SmartyPants, got out the:

We were all getting our shoes terribly muddy due to the dirt work outside (concrete being poured tomorrow!) I apologize. I do. I'm sorry. I know muddy shoes aren't fun. So we took them off. Yep, we did.
Probably a good choice. But... we play hard at school and do get dirty (in this case muddy), sweaty, painted on, etc. That where the extra clothes come into play. ;) See? Miss SmartyPants at least was prepared for a messy day!

We talked today about our names. We took our individual pictures and went through them naming our classmates. We talked about what letter each name starts with, and who had the same beginning letter and the sounds the letters make. We will be finding our name on all sorts of things all year, so this skill is really important in school. We label and chart all sorts of things to see Miss Beth writing our names. I spell it out loud each time I write it. Pretty soon, CLICK! They make the connection and can recognize and then spell their names. I already have one who can spell and write her name. On day three, can I take credit for that? ;) Tomorrow we will play a matching games with the pictures and do an activity to go along with the book "The Kissing Hand". Be prepared, you may have homework this weekend.

Playing is fun!
Giving the baby a bath!
We like the playhouse!
Lexi is mowing. I might hire her!

Bekah is practicing being a mommy!

Supermen!
Walking in dress up shoes is tricky...Gracie is learning how!
Marcello is cleaning up the blocks. What a helper!
Paizley helped Lexi finish the puzzle. Afterward, Lexi did it all by herself! She looked at me and said "I did it!"

Gabriel and Bekah are learning about letters.
They LOVE these poker chips. They are used for all sorts of things, this time Joshua made lunch!
Marcello working the puzzle. I helped him finish it once, and then he spent alot of time doing it over and over all by himself!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making time in your schedule to do this blog. After Bekah's at school all day, it's the highlight of my day to see how much she enjoyed her day learning and playing with all of her new friends. :)

    ReplyDelete