Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Body Parts

Happy Tuesday! I woke up this morning ready for a great day, and I told the children as they were eating breakfast: "Miss Beth woke up ready for a great day!" complete with cheesy grin and flailing arms. Paizley put down her cinnamon toast and looked right at me with a straight face and said "I can see that." LOL Well, if the kiddos aren't enthusiastic on a Tuesday morning, I had enough enthusiasm for all of us today. :) We talked about our bodies today and what our bodies can do. We did action songs that we had to use our bodies to dance too. If you're Happy and You Know It, The Hokey Pokey, Baby Bumblebee, Tooty Ta (told ya it was a favorite), and then the YMCA. Yes, we did the YMCA. It was great. We used all sorts of parts of our body to dance to these songs. From our heads down to our toes. I hung a blank piece of paper on the back door and asked the children how I would begin to draw a body. They started shouting out the obvious: legs, arms, head, etc. Then we went further and I heard muscles, ribs, and spine! Wow! Tomorrow we will look at an x-ray of a chest and get to see all those things. I was happy that they brought up those body parts so I know they are interested in it. We read the big book again, talking more about the pictures this time. Then we read "Our Hands are Not For Hitting". It gave us all sorts of other ideas we can do with pur hands besides hit our friends. I don't really see much hitting, but this will give us a good reference if it ever comes up.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS THING IS? The kids love it! Bekah is inside of it!
Brayden shows me the match he found while playing the table games.
Gracie brought books to share today, and her friends enjoyed reading them.
I love the looks on the faces of some serious artists!
Our bodies have...muscles!
I have put up our pictures of our families on the shelf for the children to look at through the day. If you haven't sent any, please do!
Today we did chalk outlines of our bodies on the patio during outside time. The kids were amazed at how BIG they are!
A lot of my friends are teachers. I was talking to a kindergarten teacher the other night and asked her what she thought I could focus on to prepare my group for kindergarten. She mentioned that some kids that come from smaller preschool programs go to kindergarten and have trouble standing in a a line. Well, this will help us to not have that problem! Also, it will help in number regognition and numeral ordinance (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) PLEASE sign up for a timeslot to bring your child to the assessments on Thursday, if you haven't done so already.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.amazon.com/Hoberman-HS104-Sphere---Rainbow/dp/B00000JN49/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316558066&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - the description I put into Amazon (plastic pull open ball) -- and it came up - first item! ;)

    ReplyDelete