Today was a rough start for about three of our little ones. Seems like the honeymoon is over for them, and they try to convince Mommy (or Daddy) that they don't want to stay at school. I know you get in your car and drive away and cannot get the image of them crying and clinging to you and reaching for you out of your mind. But, I will tell you, it will get better. We all have those days. Days when we wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed and eager to start our day. Then we have days that we want to lay in bed and cover our heads and not even bother. But we do, because we are adults. Because we can explain how we feel. Children can't. That's our job, to teach them to put names on those feelings and let them know it's ok to be tired, upset, sleepy, grumpy, whatever the case. But they still have to come to school. For those of you who imagined your child crying all day long, I took this picture at 8:05:9 happy kids eating breakfast and ready to play and learn. See? Bet ya can't even guess who tried to pull the bluff on their mom. ;)
Gabriel came back today with a new blue cast on his hand!
We continued with our I am Unique theme. We are learning our new motto: "I am special, I am important, and I am kind." We are all different, but mostly we are all the same. We measured and charted our height on a piece of butcher paper on the wall. We learned Paizley is the tallest in our class, and Junior is the shortest. Some of us are the same height!
We finished our kissing hands. The children love to wear these. They take them on and off throughour the day. Thanks moms for doing this project with us!
There will be another project coming home Friday, by the way. :)
Here are a few other pictures of us playing today:
We enjoyed playing with this set of wooden nut and bolts builders. Brayden said he was building a barn!
Joshua in the writing center.
Today we read "Where is the Green Sheep?" Malachi really liked it, and was reading it to Junior.
Seems like today was super busy! We went non-stop from start to finish!
Tonight is the Developmentally Appropriate Practice information meeting at First Baptist Church at 6:30. Please come! :)
I'm glad that my crying child of the morning was short-lived. She definitely requires a lot more climbing on my lap and having cuddle time in the evenings and wanting to climb in bed with me for a few minutes in the morning to cuddle. So thankful that the kids have a teacher that they are excited to see each day! :)
ReplyDelete