Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 2 has begun!

We have had a GREAT Monday!

We began this morning doing a project for Grandparents' Day. I will send them home and you can pass them along to Grandma, Grandpa, Memaw, Papaw, Mimi, etc. when you see them next. This is the second time we have done a handprint at school in 2 days. One child asked "are we going to do handprints everyday!?" Sort answer:no. I just wanted to acknowledge the day. Handprints make for a nice keepsake for the grandparents. Hope they enjoy them!
We worked hard this weekend on the outside area and rotating some items in the centers inside.
Magnifying glasses in the science area can be used to explore all around the house!
These "goggles" allowed us to swim today!
Bekah and Gracie read a book together.
Paizley helps Brayden turn into Superman. Who needs a phone booth?


John is here today! He is the tenth friend that will round out our class! We call him Junior, and he was welcomed with open arms. He had a fun day!

This week our theme is "I am a Unique Person". We kicked it off today discussing how we are alike and different. We made a chart.

We will continue it tomorrow and add the three friends who were out today, as well as add our height and see who is tallest, shortest, etc. One student was even one step ahead of us and said "you didn't write down who is white and who is brown!" Man, these kiddos are quick! ;)

Bekah is gluing pom poms to paper in the art center. Look at her fingers-that's a pencil grip! Pre-writing in the art center, who woulda thought?
Finished product! Lots of fine motor practice!

We headed outside and I was so tickled to see how excited the kids were. Paizly said "This is great! I'm glad you did all that work Miss Beth!" :) I'll take a sliver of the credit, but we all know the hard work was done by the men on Friday. I love how much room we have now!

Brayden was excited about the football.
Joshua and Gracie playing soccer.
Velcro mitts make it easy to catch the tennis ball!
Paizley trying to get a strike!

It was a great day of PLAYING AND LEARNING! We learn so much through the way we play. Please join us tomorrow evening at 6:30 for the parent meeting. Marcy White will share with us how our children develop and learn just throught the environment they are in. These meetings are a requirement of the ABC program, so your involvement would make it worthwhile! FREE childcare is available, just sign up! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed that after only a week in preschool, she is saying her ABC's SO much better than a week ago, as well as sentences that she says! ;) Last week she told me she had a hair in her mouth. I said, "Well, take it out." She said, "Oh no, that's dangerous!" lol

    ReplyDelete