Brrr! What happened to fall? Please remember we go outside everyday, unless there is precipitation falling, so your child may want to have a jacket on days like today. Although it may warm up later in the morning, there may also be times that we go outside right after breakfast when there is still a chill. Just a suggestion. :)
Today I saw lots of emerging social skills! I notice that we are now almost completely familiar with each others' names. Although...I am still "teacher". This morning during free play, Lexi and Junior finished a puzzle together. This is a tougher one, but they stuck to it and got it done!Then Lexi dropped the puzzle while trying to set it back in the box. She immediately had two friends offer to help her put it back together. Helping one another without being asked. Imagine what great adults they will be someday...
We fingerpainted today. Almost all of the children wanted to, so this was a big part of our day. Some were deliberate and purposeful with their painting and degigns, some were just enjoying the sensory experience of having the cool, wet paint on their hands. Junior said "It smells like food!" Alrighty then!
I introduced my favorite action song to the kids yesterday...the "Tooty Ta" by Dr. Jean. We practiced it again today. It is super silly. But they love it. So do I.
Notice Malachi's sunglasses. He wore them ALL morning. They make him feel better at school. I told him they are super cool, and now he can wear glasses just like me.
Outside pictures I snapped today:
Marcello golfing.
Junior exploring the sponges in the water table. Just like our outdoor time, we will have water play available every day!
Gracie catches a ride with Paizley.
Gabriel thinks it's not too cold for ice cream!
Lexi has been visiting her grandmother and great-grandmother for a few days. We are glad she is back!
We are wrapping up our "I am unique" week tomorrow. We will make a collage as a class. If you haven't sent pictures of your family, please do! (You will get the originals back). We have enjoyed sharing them with our friends this week and showing off our families! I will also use them to make a class book and also display some pictures around the classroom.
See you tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment