Friday, September 16, 2011

Fun Friday!

Today we wrapped up our "I am Unique" unit. The plan was to have the children look through several magazines with me to look for pictures of people in different stages of life: infants, toddlers, children, adults, seniors, etc. Let's just say this-I pictured much more enthusiasm for this in my head while planning this week's activities. I think I had a total of 2 who were interested enough in it to even slow down and ask me what I was doing. I can't compete with paint and playdough. Sigh...I'm okay with it, really.

But, I did get several pictures cut out so we still made the chart at circle time. Mission accomplished, sorta.

so let's focus on the good things we did get done today!

We learned about responsibility. Joshua spilled his milk at breakfast, so Joshua cleaned it up.

Junior put the blocks away neatly after he was done making ramps for his cars.

We problem solved. Brayden wanted to build a barn for his horses.

We talked about how tall the walls would have to be. He made a "gate" so the horses could get in and out when they wanted to. He worked with Joshua and Bekah and to get each block in just the right spot. He talked about the shapes of the blocks and that triangle would be good for the roof.


He had a plan, and he built the barn! It took some time and a few mistakes, but look how proud he is!
We painted at the easel today.
I have been slow to introduce the paint so far this year, and I am glad I did. This way we can have it out all the time, but I have taken the time to allow small groups to paint in the beginning so that we all know the rules. All of the children painted today except one, and we only had one spill!.Yay!
A color experiment-what happens when we choose to paint with WHITE paint on WHITE paper? hmmm...
See that paint shirt underneath that silly (yet totally adorable) face? Malachi put it on all by himself! Yay for independence! Lexi dicovered the rain stick in the music area. "It sounds like water!", she shrieked.
I feel like I didn't take as many pictures today; I am not sure why...I forgot to even take the camera outside. Yes, we played outside. It was even sprinking a little, but we have a nice covered area so we stayed dry and still got to phave our outside time. :) Have a fantastic weekend! Next week we will learn about "My Amazing Body". No, not mine...but you know what I mean. It will be a great week! When Malachi wants you to be Batman, you be Batman. How could you ever say no to that sweet wittle boy? ;)
THERE ARE NOTES IN THE PAPER TRAYS TODAY ABOUT ITEMS THAT MAY BE MISSING FROM YOUR CHILD'S FILE. PLEASE BRING THESE ITEMS BY MONDAY. THE PROGRAM SPECIALIST WILL BE AUDITING THE CHILDREN'S FILES NEXT WEEK, AND YOUR CHILD CANNOT BE "ENROLLED" IN THE ARKANSAS BETTER CHANCE PROGRAM UNTIL ALL PAPERWORK IS SUBMITTED.

1 comment: