Monday, September 19, 2011

My Amazing Body

Today we began the week of 'My Aamzing Body". It should be a fun topic for us to focus on. I rotated some of the toys out in the centers over the weekend. One of them was a hit.
I don't even know the name of this toy, I just know I wish I had three more. They loved it! It gets bigger and smaller and the try to climb in it, or put their head in it, I even saw Marcello putting the big trucks in it. If you know what these are called, please enlighten me. I can't do a search on amazon for a "cool stretchy ball thingy".
Lexi is working with the lacing cards...perfecting her fine motor skills.
Malachi and Bekah are going somewhere. Malachi said "I'm just the dad".
All the children have really been exploring these nuts and bolts builders. Today Joshua was making a "sailboat".
A color matching game.
In circle time we read a BIG book, (we love big books) entitled "My Body". It had lots of pictures of lots of things that our bodies can do. Then we read a new book called "Animal Boogie". It has a CD that goes with it. We read the book while the music played and used our bodies to move like the animals. We can shake like a bear.
We can stomp like an elephant.
We can flap like a bird. (Please excuse the camera strap.)
We can slither like a snake.
Today at snack we sorted our goldfish crackers by color!
We had a great Monday! I still have four children who have not signed up for an assessment time on Thursday. Please do that tomorrow, if you haven't yet. The assessments will be at Community Christian Fellowship at Lincoln and Main. They should last approximately 30 minutes. We will have "stations" set up that your child will go through with the other ABC programs in Siloam Springs-Bright Beginnings and the Hunny Tree. I so appreciate Debbie, Randy, Linda, and Bill joining with us us do all the assessments at once for all of our classes.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun Monday!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that each week has a theme and that the kids are encouraged to be creative. Thank you for the blog. We look forward to reading it everyday and talking about it with Chi. Also the pics are great.

    ReplyDelete