Friday, September 23, 2011
Friday!!!!
Well today was a test of my flexibility and ability to go with the flow. These are not strong points in my character. I am a planner, not very spontaneous, and when things don't go according to my plan, I tend to get bent out of shape. Despite this, I think I did well today. We were going through our morning, minding our own business, and the doorbell rang. It was John Barron, my Program specialist, or the man who oversees the ABC programs in our area. He is a very nice man, but very thorough. He comes in to check my files and paperwork, and to ensure I am doing everything in the proper way per the ABC guidelines. After 2 hours (yes, TWO hours), he left and told me I was doing a great job. There are a few paperwork issues I need to clear up, but nothing major. It is kind of like a review from your boss. That made me feel good. While he was here, I was able to carry on as usual, but it is a whole different dynamic when we have a visitor. So we did our best to stick to our schedule and lesson plans. I couldn't do the small group activity, but I will squeeze that in next week! John needed to have a 30 minute meeting with me to wrap up his visit, so I called Ms. Bethany, my friend to come and spend the outdoor play time with the kids. She is the assistant to Ms. Debbie and Mr. Randy, and your child met her on thursday night at the assessments. Thankfully they all responded well to her arriving today with a bag full of toys and fun things to do outside. I could see them playing through the window during my meeting with John, and wished that I had sent her out with the camera. They had lots of fun with her. Thanks Ms. Bethany!
But here are a few pictures of our morning....
Gabriel plays the triangle.
A puppet show!
Marcello thinks the puppets should ride in the fire truck.
Apparently ALL of the puppets need to ride!
Paizley and Junior work together to build a block structure.
So sweet! Malachi is ready to go "swimming".
Bekah is going swimming too!
Today we got to see an x-ray of our bodies on the inside! We saw bones, ribs, and even the lungs that help us breathe! This was a very popular place to hang out throughout the day.
Next week is a fun one, too! We will be learning about our 5 senses!
I sent a note home today with a few "housekeeping" items. Please be sure you received one. If not, let me know.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! An x-ray and finger prints, that makes for an exciting day. Now i know what to work on with Malachi on this weekend. I think I'll start with showing him how to put goggles on :).
ReplyDeleteThank you for keep us informed on what our little people are learning while their at school. Have a great weekend. You deserve it!