Thursday, November 17, 2011
Helping our family
Our week of families is going great, and we are having fun learning about how families work together. We have enjoyed taking care of babies, and pretending to be mommies and daddies to one another. I am glad I have a group that loves dramatic play and are so eager to dress up and pretend!
Our week of families is going great, and we are having fun learning about how families work together. We have enjoyed taking care of babies, and pretending to be mommies and daddies to one another. I am glad I have a group that loves dramatic play and are so eager to dress up and pretend!
Paizley is brushing Banjo, that's part of helping to take care of family...taking care of our pets!
I have put out some new math materials over the past several days. These help us classify, sort, count, measure, compare, use our fine motor skills and reinforce our colors.
We played with owl fingerpuppet and learned a fingerplay to go with them.
We have talked about how big our families are and how many people are in our families.
Today we talked about how we can help our family. Helping mom with dishes, putting laundry away, taking care of pets, and taking care of a younger brother or sister, for example.
Adrian took some pictures today during our outside time. We have blocks to build with, some of them Mr. Frank left us to use from the building of our classroom.
More family fun tomorrow!
A few notes:
Parent-teacher conferences are going well, I look forward to visiting with all of our about how our school year is going. I value the open communication I have with parents, and conferences are a great tool we have to work together to make academic and social goals for your child.
The Thankgiving luncheon is next Wednesday! Please let me know who will be joining your family for this event so can ensure plety of table room for us to eat! Also, bread is no longer needed, so please let me know if you plan to bring a side dish or dessert! Wednesday your child will need to be picked up from school by 11:00 so we can all get to the Community Building at 11:30.
Baby, it's cold outside! Please ensure your child has an appropriate change of clothes in their cubby/crate/box. They should have a shirt, pants, underpants, and socks. We get wet, messy, sticky, and muddy really easily around here! Also, they need a coat EVERYDAY. The weather can change throughout the day, and we will always go outside as long as there are no weather advisories or falling precipitation. If possible, you are encouraged keep and extra jacket, gloves, hat, etc. in your child's box to have here just in case it turns colder on a nice day.
Drop off time are 7:45-8:15, and pick up time is 2:45-3:10. Both in the morning and afternoon, I am on a pretty tight schedule. I use the time in the morning to prepare for my day, and the door will be locked until 7:45. Please do the very best you can to have your child here by 8:15. Breakfast is not served past 8:30, and transitioning in the morning can take a few minutes. In the afternoon, I leave to go pick up my children from school and often have appointments or activities to tend to. I need to leave by 3:20 so I don't have teachers waiting on me ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment