We have had a few sick friends lately...it's becoming that time of year. Please be sure you encourage handwashing at home, especially with all the germs that can brought home from a siblings' school, Wal Mart, etc. We wash our hands a lot at school, but we all still have germs that get passed from a runny rose and a swiping hand, or a cough we don't "catch" in our sleeve or elbow.
We started off our day with a visit from the USDA food program inspector today. It went well. This is where they come and make sure I am serving the correct foods and doing paperwork the way I should and the kitchen is in order. Ms. Debbie came and saw what we were eating for breakfast, and left us a book we read in group time, Three Billy Goats Gruff. We read it twice in a row, the kids loved it! All went well. We enjoy having visitors come to see us!
It's football season, (and OU is playing OSU Saturday), and the Razorbacks play football too :)so we brought out the football dress ups.
While Ms. Debbie was here Marcello made a "helicopter".
Lexi and Gabriel said they were "looking for clues", Marecello was examining the Santa picture on my tree.
Brayden hangs up an art masterpiece that he is proud of.:)
We have been studting food groups and healthy foods all week. Gracie was sorting the fruits and vegetables outside in the kitchen center.
At lunch, we had avacado. This is the third time this year that avacado has been on the menu. It is unpopular, to say the least. But here is an example of why your should introduce new foods to your preschooler over and over again:
I serve the avacado and three or four children refused to let me put it on their plate. I asked them if I could put it on their plate, but I they could taste it if they wanted to. Bekah was excited to have her avacado, she said "I like those". A few minutes later, a child wanted seconds on another food. I looked at their plate and said, "would you like to try the avacado first?" they said no, and I said "do you like guacamole, like at the restaurant?" He said yes, and I explained that avacados are used to make guacamole! He still didn't seem iterested, but the listening child next to him tried a bite, and she said "mmmmmm, I like them Miss Beth!" Then a boy across the table tried them, and he said that HE liked them! The next time I serve avacado, I'll bet another child or two will try them!
Lexi ate all of her avacado-Success!
Here is the food group chart we have been making this week.
Tomorrow is FRIDAY! :) But, I cannot believe it is DECEMBER already, it's all going by so fast!
Bekah loves fruits and vegetables and typically finishes those before
ReplyDeleteStuff others might first. Tomatoes are her favorite food
In the world. Followed by blueberries. We could tell her she
Was going to be a vegetarian and she would be happy, unlike
Her brother that would think the world was coming
To an end if we asked him to pleeeeeease try one corn kernel.
The only veggie she consistently turns down iOS
Broccoli. She ate a tangerine this morning and wasn't
Even upset by all the seeds. Stinking seed-filled tangerines from
Walmart..... ;)