Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Busy Days!

Today we started with a cooking activity! We made cinnamon playdough. It smells sooo good! I am posting the recipe in case you want to make some custom playdough at home, too! You can add food coloring, or flavored kool-aid for color and smell!

Flour, oil, salt, water, and cream of tartar. (Cream of tartar can be difficult to find, I usually have to go to Harps to get mine.)
add 1 cup water,
1 cup flour,
, and 1 tablespooon of oil


Then add 2 teaspoons cream of tartar

and your scent/color of choice!

Stir over medium heat continually until smooth, mixture will thicken and get clumpy.
When the dough is thick and nearly impossible to stir, be sure it is dry with no wet spots, remove it to a cutting board or mat to cool.

Smells yummy! :)

We are using Christmas cutters
Bekah made a Gingerbread man! She even stamped "buttons"!


The boys are loving the new huge collection of matchbox cars.


Gabriel was very precise in lining up his cars!

Today I spotted Paizley have "speech" with the other children.



Outside, Joshua and Bekah decided to have a picnic!

We have been learning about safety this week. Today, we got a real-life lesson when there was an accident in the playroom. I was moving the science shelf and it got bumped and fell over. The glass jar of seashells hit the floor and broke. Then the red flower vase on the sign in table followed suit, and we had a dangerous glass mess in two areas. We left the area immediately, and were not allowed to come back to the playroom until Miss Beth and Miss Adrian had it all cleaned up and safe. And even then, we had to have our socks and shoes on just in case. The children were very responsible, and during group time we talked about what had happened and the right steps we took to keep everyone safe! Not exactly how I want to reinforce a lesson, but it was a "teachable moment"!


1 comment:

  1. Love homemade playdoh!!! I haven't ever made it cinnamon though!!!

    ReplyDelete