All over town we have had an epidemic of the flu/virus/fever/strep whatever it is going around, and most of our friends were out sick at least one day this week. A few never made it one day at all. We still had days filled with fun and learning and lots of playing, but it was awfully quiet around here.
Here is what I was busy doing this week
I sanitize the toys every week, spraying/wiping them with bleach water. I wash mat sheets and blankets and stuffed animals, and sanitize the mats themselves. This week, however called for more drastic measures in saniation. ALL the toys were dipped and soaked in bleach. Do you know how many toys we have??? ;) But, I hope that it prevented the spread of whatever germs remained in our classroom from spreading to any other classmates. As far as I know, no one that was feeling well on Monday got sick. Praise God. Please always keep in touch with me regarding your children's absences especially if they are sick. Please ask for a doctor's note if your child is seen, so it will excuse the absence. If I have a heads up of what is going on, I can be on high alert for symptoms in other children. :) Remember from our health handbook that the child must be fever-free for 24 hours (without fever-reducting meds)before returning to school.
Our class of THREE on Monday :(
We did a few final farm activities to finish out that unit.
We used a ball and brown paint to roll "mud" on a picture of a pig.
We played a game in small groups called "And Bingo was His Name-O"
It is lots of fun and is great again for colors, counting and shape recognition. also, social skills like waiting our turn and playing a game that has rules to follow. Also we worked on being happy for our friends that "won" or found all of Bingo's toys first. I really don't care for preschool games that have a "winner" per say, but I guess real life isn't like preschool sometimes :(
Then we began to get ready for St. Patrick's Day! We focused on alot of color reinforcement. Who doesn't love a rainbow?
Froot Loop bracelets
Excellent for fine motor skills
As well as color recognition
And patterning and math practice
On Tuesday, it was all boys! We put together a HUGE marble race. It took us awhile, but we stuck with it, knowing it would be fun to watch the marbles twist and turn down the pipes.
It was a big hit, and the boys loved it! I will defintely bring it out again soon, perhaps pre-assembled ;)
We made rainbows
We used eye droppers and tinted water on coffee filters and discovered the colors blending
We then made flowers for our flower pot in the writing center.
Rainbow sponge painting
Friday we celebrated St. Patrick's Day, as well as two birthdays! Malachi had his birthday on Tuesday and was out sick, and Junior's birthday is Saturday! We started out with a special breakfast!
Lucky Charms (we don't usually get these, as they are over the limit of sugar for the food program), biscuits with green mint jelly, and green milk!
We made tissue paper rainbows
And read The Night before St. Patrick's day and talked about where we would hide our gold if we were the leprechaun.
Gracie and Paizley were twins in their green shirts!
After lunch it we sang Happy Birthday to Junior, and had a cookie to help him celebrate turning 4!
After rest time, we had Malachi's birthday celebration.
Cupcakes courtesy of Ms. Adrian :)
Bonus pictures...
Spring break has begun! I hope you all enjoy the extra time with your sweet, sweet kiddos. I know I going to enjoy the extra time with mine.
Some upcoming events...
Week of April 2-6 immediately following school-Parent-Teacher Conferences (sign up sheet will be posted)
Evening of April 23rd-Arkansas Children's Week family night "Underneath the Storytelling Tree" at Bob Henry park
No comments:
Post a Comment