Friday, September 14, 2012

How do you feel?


This week we learned about feelings. This helps us to socialize in our class and with the rest of the world. It heightens our awareness of how others are feeling and how our actions are affecting them. We talk ALOT about feelings and how our friends feel, how we make them feel, and how we can help them feel better all throughout the year.

We read lots of books about feelings and emotions.


We played a "Silly Expressions" game insmall group. We picked a card and had to match our face with the face on the card.









Next week we will having our developmental assessments done on Wednesday. Melissa Dunn will be doing them this year, as we are switching from the Dial Three to the Brigance assessment system. I haven't been trained on the Brigance yet, but she just became a HIPPY teacher in our area, so she has recently been trained on how to administer the assessment. I have never used this assessment tool, but what I hear is that it is very similar to the Dial Three. Melissa came Wednesday to play with us for a bit and get to know our group.





This week I began doing some observations for our Work Sampling portfolios. This is a developmental portfolio of your child's work and progress throughout the year. It is split up into three "reporting" periods. I will continually document and keep track of the skills and development of the children. We will discuss your child's portfolio at parent-teacher conferences, and you should recieve a flyer with more information regarding Work Sampling.





I did some fine motor and math assessments this week, and Miss Britney did some gross motor observations outside. I take LOTS of pictures of the children as they reach developmental milestones, or will document their progress through written observations or actual items such as artowrk or cutting samples, etc.

More fun this week:


Londan made a heart in the art center with a hole punch, she was very proud of herself.


Have you ever heard preschool social hour at the lunch or breakfast table? It's funny stuff.


Isabella LOVES to paint!

Bekah came to me and said "Look! I made a one!"

We STILL love Pete the Cat!



Logan explores in the art center and experimented with the color blending goggles.



Music Time!



The block center is a very popular spot in our class.




They said they were "swimming". I am not sure why...


Fun from outside this week:










Londan LOVES Banjo!


I have no idea what happened to my poor bush...somebody decided it was in the way.


Friday we had indoor recess. We got to play with the "rainy day toys". We had Twister, bowling, hopscotch and we played Just Dance on the Kinect!


Have a great weekend, see you all Monday!








No comments:

Post a Comment