Friday, September 21, 2012

Apples!

What a busy, busy week! I have had four reviewers/mentors/supervisors come to visit and review me in the past week. I tend to stress about these visits, because they are unannounced usually and you have to be ready for them when they knock on the door. In the end, all went well, and the reviewers were happy :) Still, it is stressful. I have to answer to DHS for licensing, the UDSA for the CACFP (food program), ABC supervisors for program quality, a Work Sampling mentor for my observations and assessments. We also had our developmental assessments done on Wednesday with Ms. Melissa. It can be exhausting and overwhelming and hectic. This week it was all of the above. But it's Friday, and we had a great week despite all my grown up problems ;)




Miss Britney is pregnant! She will be welcoming a new baby girl, Parker, soon. She is so cute and pregnant, and the boys wanted to be like her



And Lia, too!




This week we focused on apples. We taste tested red delicious, yellow delicious, and granny smith apples. We had applesauce, apple juice, apple cider, caramel apple dip, made home made apple pie, and used an apple to tell a story. (ask your child about the house with no windows and a star inside!) We read books about apple trees and apple orchards, among others. (We also introduced a new "Pete the Cat" book---woo hoo!)



We charted which apple we liked the most.


We are doing a science observation activity with apples halves. We are going to watch them change, one in a covered tub, and one without.



Sorting and transferring apples from basket to basket with tongs


We colored emergent reader books about things that are RED


Fall patterning cards


Matching the correct number of apples on the apple tree

Here are some pictures from our apple pie baking. THANK YOU to Kristen Hargett for coming to do this with us. The kids LOVE to cook and bake and she was so kind to come and help out. Thanks Kristen! I appreciate your involvement in our school!


Wonderwoman peeling apples

Londan carefully adding the toppings

Isabella & Lia

Junior & Logan

Joshua & Brayden

Malachi & Gabriel

there were enough apples to make a big pie for my family!

When the children had finished making their mini apple pies, we retold how to make them


We enjoyed our snack!


It was a great week, here are some assorted pictures from through the week:


Gabiel and Logan


Junior made a train


Bekah loves Wonder Woman, and is going to be her when she grows up. She made Ms. Potato Head into Wonder Woman, too.


So... I bought an iPad. I have wanted one for our classroom for a long time, and bit the bullet and got one. I have educational apps on it, such as matching, rhyming, opposites, etc. and we are allowed 20 minutes of "screen time" each day. We make a list and have a timer to help us keep track. The children have really enjoyed it this week. Yay for cool new things in our classroom!





Bekah copied the list. Just for fun :)



I also bought some bongos. I should have stopped with the iPad. ;)



We have some new foam blocks that look like wood. They were popular this week.

And here are a few shots of our outdoor fun:







Duck, Duck, Goose! Look at Malachi's face on the last picture. LOVE IT


Races




Logan found a big grasshopper and caught it, and Junior found a caterpillar!



Blowing bubbles!


It was a good week, and we had fun! I have school tomorrow at NSU -Broken Arrow in the morning, wedding planning in Tulsa with my sister in the afternoon, and volunteering at the evening...I neep a nap already :) See you next week!














No comments:

Post a Comment