It's Sunday, and I am super busy getting ready for our big FIRST DAY of school tomorrow. It's refreshing that it all seems new again. What a difference from a year ago, in that tiny green dining room. :)
As I compare this year to last year, I am so thankful...
Thankful that I have a job I love, love, LOVE and can be so excited about. Thankful it has given me three weeks to recharge and start fresh with a brain overflowing with new ideas. I am thankful for my awesome, hard working husband who works and does so much to help me. I show him a picture and saw "I want that", and he makes it happen. I am at a loss for words when I think of ALL the time he has invested over the past year into my classroom and program. What a supporter and partner I am blessed with.
I am thankful for all the families in my program, both old and new, that they are so trusting of me with their most precious treasures. I look forward to happy faces playing, learning, and having fun throughout the school year. I have lofty goals-letters, numbers, vocabulary, gross and fine motor development, special days, family outings, and much more. But the MOST important thing we will learn is how to intereact with one another AKA social skills. How to respect our friends, use words to get what we want, tell others how they make us feel, and be kind even when we having a disagreement. To have self-direction and self-confidence. Patience, kindness, love. That is our basis. That is the foundation we will invest in for the beginning of the year, right off the bat, so that throughout the remainder of our year we can grow and learn and experience things without (as many) conflicts and emotional struggles. That is the intention anyhow!
Some things to remember and FAQ's:
*Drop off is 7:45-8:00. I unlock the front door at 7:45. Please do not try to come early, or ring the doorbell. Pick up is noon for Monday and Tuesday only. Wednesday we will stay all day, and I will unlock the door at 2:45. (No pick ups are allowed during naptime, 12:30-2:15, due to the interruption it causes with the rest time of the other children. If you MUST pick up your child during this time please make prior arrangements).
*When you are dropping off and picking up, you may park in my driveway behind my car, or next to it. You may park between my driveway and the mailbox on my side of the street, or you may park aross the street in between the driveways. DO NOT PARK BEHIND THE MAILBOXES OR INFRONT OF MY NEIGHBOR'S DRIVEWAY!!!
*Make your drop off as quick as possible. Always tell your child to have a good day, you love them, etc. Make sure you know that they will be picked up. "I'll come get you this afternoon" or "Grandma is picking you up today". Finally, please don't "sneak out". Your child needs to get used to telling you good bye and knowing they will be safe at school. They might have separatrion issues, but we will get through it. :) You may always call or text me anytime to check on your child.
*I will be asking for missing/incomplete or updated paperwork throught the next week or two. Please return all forms and paperwork to me quickly so your child's file is complete.
*We will be doing fun getting to know you activities this first week, learning about our new friends and their families. PLEASE send a family picture for me to copy of your family. Every child will have a picture of their family in our class book and classroom, and we don't want anyone feeling left out.
*Don't forget that each child will need an EXTRA SET OF CLOTHES to be kept here at all times.
*Children are not allowed to bring toys, food, or other items from home, except for books to share with the class. Your child may bring a blanket for naptime, but it will have to stay here all year so it can be laundered with the other nap time items according to licensing regulations
*Please use my cell phone for the easiest access to me throughout the day. I check it often for text messages and phone calls.
*I will post to the blog weekly, so check here for the latest pictures and reports about our day!
*I use Facebook and the blog for the most part to communicate with my preschool families. If you prefer me to use another method please let me know. I am also going to use a texting app soon, more info on that to follow.
That's enough for now, contact me with any questions.
I hope you are ready to kick off the school year, I anticipate it will be a great one!
No comments:
Post a Comment