Monday, August 27, 2012

Day One!

We had a great day! We all came in happy and excited, with not a single meltdown or clingy child to be seen. (We will see the meltdown later this week, as usual, when the "new" wears off.)

We are working hard on our routine. I feel like a drill sargeant, but I know that we will get our schedule down so well that the rest of the yearly will flow effortlessly.
It was great having my old friends back, but also to welcome two sweet girls to our preschool family, Isabella & Londan.


The girls are outnumbered compared to the boys at this point, 5-3. I have two openings "technically", but one little boy is set to join us this week. Cross your fingers with me that my last spot will be filled soon. I am not panicked...yet. That being said, if you know of a family that would qualify and has a need for my program, please send them my way. :)


We had a lot of fun today. We read The Kissing Hand, and will continue with more Kissing Hand activities through this week. We also read First Day Jitters. We got to know one another in group time by learning a name chant "Hickety Pickety Bumblebee" and we had fun with our favorite silly dance the Tooty Ta.

We played outside, and LOVED the new sandbox Mr. Frank has built for us. It was a popular place to be.





Here's a few fun pics from our morning playing together:











I need to thank especially Mrs. Britney and Ms. Dallas for helping out today and for the reaminder of the year. We will be seeing them often. Britney is attending NWACC for her associates degree in early childhood, and Dallas is attending college for her degree in education. Dallas also helps run a family childcare with her mother here in town, and works for Mrs. Debbie as well. I am looking forward to us working together this year. We make a pretty darn good team!

Day one is in the books! Bring on day 2!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment