Thursday, May 16, 2013

Farm Fun and wrapping up our year!

I am blogging tonight from Little Rock, as I am finishing up my Conscious Discipline training. It has been difficult to be away from school for six days within a month or so, but totally worth it. Conscious Discipline is a gamechanger for any teacher, and I will forever be changed in the ways that I respond to and interact with any child in my program. Studies show 42% of children entering kindergarten are "ready", while 69% of children who are taught with the Conscious Discipline method are prepared as they enter their kindergarten classoom on the first day. Conscious Discipline works!

We spent last week, although short, preparing for Mother's Day. Crafts are fun,and making homemade things for our moms makes it even more special!


I hope you enjoyed your sugar scrub! It smelled so good while we were making it.

This week, we had lots of farm fun. We talked about the animals we find on the farm, as well as the food that comes from a farm. (I am hopeful we can have one last family field trip to a farm, so be looking for that information next week.)



While I have been gone, I am so blessed that I have the awesome Miss Adrian to fill in. She sends me pictures to show me that the kids are safe and having fun.










Hard to believe that there are only 7 1/2 days left of the school year. Where did the time go???

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see my little friends Monday!

Please take note of the following dates:

May 27th-Memorial Day NO SCHOOL
May 30th-Last day HALF DAY UNTIL 12:30
May 31st-End of Year program 7:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment