Friday, May 18, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

This blog is being posted with no pictures....I will add the pictures as soon as I find the CORRECT laptop charger so I can upload them. I apologize.

This week we explored The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We experienced this story in many ways. Miss Beth read it, we listened to it on CD, we told the story with props and puppets, and we watched it on a video. We now know what a caterpillar does to become a beautiful butterfly!

We used tissue paper and glue to create art and beautiful pictures.


We played a Very Hungry Caterpillar game with Ms. Britney.

We had Very Hungry Caterpillar storytelling sets.

We celebrated another birthday-Paizley's!

Our plants are growing, and our vegetables have sprouted very quickly! I am so excited.

Ms. Britney came Wednesday and Thursday. We ALL love having her here!

We will be continuing this unit next week and focusing on BUGS of all kinds.

Summer kick-off party invitations went home today:

SUNDAY JUNE 3rd

3:30-6:00 @ the Siloam Springs Acquatic Center

On our last day we will have a WATER PARTY! Send your child with a swimsuit, towel, and shoes that can get wet! :)


I am going to take a minute for the three people who read this blog and thank you all for a wonderful first year at Miss Beth's House. The year is wrapping up and it is bittersweet. While our last official day is June 4th, 2 friends have left us already, 6 of our little ones will be staying throughout the summer, and 8 of us will return in the fall. I love, love, love, each and every child that I have been blessed to have in my class this year, and am proud of how far we have all come this year. We will definitely never have a year like our first year ever again! Thanks for seeing the vision with me last August and supporting my along the way. I am lucky to have the job I love and have so many rooting for me.




1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that we landed at your doorstep. You have become so much more than just a preschool teacher for our little girl. You are a special person that has come alongside us to help shape our daughter into the person that she will become. Bekah has really flourished this year and grown so much more than we could have ever anticipated. Thank you. We are so grateful that she will be back at your home again next year and know that she will have an amazing foundation laid for her education from your influence and guidance. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

    ReplyDelete