Friday, May 25, 2012

Ladybugs & Spiders

This week we had a very small class. The year is winding down (So soon?), but we still had our normal school days. We moved on with our bug unit and learned alot about ladybugs and spiders. We learned about the ladybug life cycle...


egg, larvae, pupa, & ladybug!

We read The Very Grouchy Ladybug, and then watched a very funny movie on Youtube of Bekah's Daddy reading it to his kids. He has a gift with his voice, and it was super funny to watch and listen to him read it.





We read lots of other ladybug books, and learned a ladybug song.

We also learned about spiders. We read Eric Carle's The Very Busy Spider, and made thumbprint spider pictures.




We read several different versions of The Itsy Bitsy Spider, and learned new verses to sing.


Whitlee is out of school and has been such a great little teacher in our class. Here she is reading the class a book called Snug as a Bug. She says when she grows up she wants to be a teacher...wonder where she gets it from?

Miss Britney came on Thursday to play, and played a ladybug game in small groups. Have I mentioned how much I, I mean WE, love Miss Britney?

We explored a new sensory tub with floral water beads. They were very fun to scoop and funnel and feel.







More fun we had...












We had a great week, and have fun things coming up!

ON SUNDAY, JUNE 3RD, WE WILL HAVE A POOL PARTY AT THE SILOAM SPRINGS AQUATIC CENTER 3:30-6:00. THIS WILL BE OUR END-OF-YEAR CELEBRATION. PLEASE COME!!!

MONDAY, JUNE 4TH IS OUR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. WE WILL HAVE A SUPER FUN DAY OF WATER PLAY. PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL WITH A SWIMSUIT OR CLOTHES THAT CAN GET WET, AND A CHANGE OF CLOTHES AND TOWEL.

JUNE 18TH THROUGH AUGUST 3RD WILL BE OUR SUMMER PROGRAM, 8AM-3PM. IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE ATTENDING, PLEASE BE SURE I HAVE YOUR APPLICATION AND A COPY OF YOUR MOST RECENT PAYSTUB. NO CHILD CAN ATTEND WITHOUT THESE BEING TURNED IN BEFOREHAND.

I get just 5 more days with my first class ever of Miss Beth's House. I am amazed how fast it has gone and how far we have all come. This group will forever be so special to me, and I will miss those that will be starting other schools in the fall. Thanks for making my job so fun and enjoyable, I cannot imagine doing anything else in the world. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment