I thought I would go ahead and blog today to share with you the EXCITING Valentine's Day we had!
We came into the classroom decorated for us!
This morning we ate HEART shaped donuts for breakfast!
Bekah's mom stayed with us this morning to read books. She ended up doing more playing than reading.
We had a small group activity with conversation hearts, sorting them by color. We then got to eat exactly two...as long as Miss Beth was looking. I have no idea how many were actually eaten when I turned my back!
During group time we played "Pass the Heart". We passed the heart around the circle and when the music stopped we had to say who we love. It was surprising to hear them say the names of their friends, I was expecting to hear lots of "mommy", and "daddy" answers, but we always pointed to a friend and said their name instead. Sweet friends!
After lunch we passed out our Valentines to our friends! We spent time in the morning decorting our milk jugs with sickers &/or paint. I wish we had done these earlier, but the snow derailed us a bit :( I am super impressed with the creativity I saw in the Valentines. Everyone was so proud to share Valentine's with their friends. What a great lesson!
After our rest time (or lack thereof lol), we had special snacks on the table.
Chocolate covered strawberries
Kissy lip Jello
Bekah's mom made us cookies with our names on them! We also had some "fudge" made with white chocolate and strawberry frosting, and some chocolate chip cookie cake...can you say SUGAR HIGH??? ;)
But look at these happy faces...they loved our special day! (Note: Brayden was not allowing photographs, but he still had a good time eating his snacks.)
I love all my little Valentine's, and am so glad we had a great Valentine's Day! We will continue Valentine activities all week.
No comments:
Post a Comment