Friday, February 17, 2012

LOVE!

This week, although a short one due to the snow day, was filled with LOVE! We had Valentines fun all week long!

We had a great Valentine's day and "party", and spent the rest of the week doing fun heart, red and love activities.


We sorted, counted, and compared Valentine themed erasers, while using tongs to enhance our fine motor skills.



We did a sensory/science small group experiment with red and white paint. When they got mixed, what color was created???



We preacticed our cutting skills and learned how to cut hearts. This was a popular activity for most of the week!

I drew the line to show them where to cut, and soon some were cutting without the line all on their own!


We used a potato masher to make prints with red paint.




We painted heart boxes with red, pink, and purple paint.


I made a matching game with Valentine stickers and milk jug lids.




We made red collages as a small group with crepe paper, pom poms, ribbon, stickers, and more red items on contact paper. Great for the sensory experience as well.


The finished products!





We read lots of Valentine and love books.


We talked about some of the people we love in our life <3


Candy color sorting...again. I think they liked getting a treat after sorting the colors! ;)

Here's a few random and comical pics from the other parts of our day this week.


Building with PVC pipes and connectors


"Miss Beth we have the same socks. We match!"

Gabriel reading and listening to one of our Valentine books. Note the one shoe...

Joshua came to me with Brayden crawling behind him. Joshua said "Miss Beth, look! This is my beautiful baby." Brayden's expression is priceless!


Gracie gets a "haircut" and Gabriel plays barber with a pair of Play-doh scissors and a plastic fork. Resourceful little guy!

And remember...when you think you're having a bad day, at least you don't have to entertain yourself while waiting to use the bathroom like Junior does...

I love my job so so much because I get to laugh all day long. I hope you enjoy your THREE DAY WEEKEND, and we will be ready Tuesday to start learning about PETS! If your child has a pet they would like to show to our class, please let me know and I will schedule a time for you to come and visit with any cat, dog, rabbit, hamster, snake, well...maybe not a snake. Usually before 10:30 is best for our schedule, and I would love to have you!












No comments:

Post a Comment