Friday, April 26, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!

We have been so busy, and it is getting busier around here! We had a GREAT family event at Art in the Park, thanks to all who came out. I know we are ALL busy, but events like this are a great chance to spend some time with your child and show them that school is important, to both of you! One hour of time with your child can make a world of difference :)

Coming up...

Tomorrow is Kindergarten Round Up! If you have a child entering kindergarten, take them to Northside between 8 and noon to get them registered.

Monday & Tuesday are Parent/Teacher conferences. Please make time to attend.

Monday we will be meeting at JBU for an awesome art exhibit. We will meet at 4:00 at the Windgate Visual Arts center to visit the Society of Illustrators: "Celebrating the Fine Art of Children's Book Illustration" AND "Through a Child's Eyes" - Collaborative work between 2nd Graders and JBU Illustration Students. I am super excited to see this exhibit; I have heard it is AMAZING!

May 1 & 2, I will be heading back to Little Rock for more training in Conscious Discipline. Adrain will be here for these days. Also, I will be out May 16 & 17, to finish this awesome training. I have been implementing some changes already using the Conscious Discipline method and cannot wait to learn more.

May 9 & 10, there will be NO SCHOOL. These dates have been on our calendar all year, but I thought you may appreciate a friendly reminder. ;)

May 27 is Memorial Day-NO SCHOOL

Our last day of school will be May 30th. This is one day later than our original date.

We will have one last family event...our end-of-year-program. Details to come soon!


We started this week celebrating Earth Day! We had an art project using eye droppers and water colors.



We love our friends!



Outside fun


Who needs a desk to learn to write?



Lots of puzzles out this week. We have been continuing our study of animals.





Look at those Gs!!!


We will continue our animal study through next week, and then move along to our farm unit! (Can you guess where our next family field trip will be to?)

Hold on tight, time is flying fast as we near the end of our year! 23 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment